Friday, March 11, 2011

No food at the Taj!

After 6 weeks of travelling India and Malaysia I have just down loaded 1655 photo's! Why so few you might ask..... well my travel companion has more than double that, and has probably managed to capture a little of the essence of these two very different countries whilst I of course have photo's of carrots, cauliflowers, fresh nutmeg and men cooking char kway teow. But just too assure the odd concerned friend that I am not totally food obsessed I have a smattering of other pics supporting the diversity of our travels.

Whilst I'm not about to post me on the back of a camel in the sand dunes in Rajasthan
here is a snippet of something different before I start sharing more of the culinary delights documented by my pics. Since food is banned at the Taj Mahal what else was I going to do!

Indeed the majesty of Taj Mahal demands attention and despite the crowds, the monument and its surrounds evoke a serenity that is more beautiful than any  photo could ever portray. Similar to trying to capture the beauty of food with just an image - no aroma, no textural experience. I'll leave the travel blogging to others who have the adjectives to describe their experiences and get back to what I know - gastronomy.



1 comment:

  1. oh yes I see what you mean about the archway not totally being lined up...

    great photos though!

    ReplyDelete