Sunday, September 5, 2010

It's Sunday evening so what shall I cook?

Its raining and very wet outside and the Italian parsley is almost flattened with the weight of precipitation and whilst the little I added to this dish did not do much to lighten the burden it did provide the flavour and texture contrast this dish needed.

A few simple components on creamy soft polenta - that’s 5 parts chicken stock to 1 part polenta stirred for about 20 minutes topped with a little sugo (or Italian passatta), roasted seasoned pumpkin, fresh curd cheese, crispy grilled prosciutto, a little grated pecorino and the parsley.

A glass of Pinot Grigio and Bob’s your uncle (and Betty’s your aunt!). Cheers and Bon Appetit!

3 comments:

  1. I am finding a lot of different polenta recipes and lots of ideas, thanks for yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Rumbaba: This dish is very interesting, I think might try to make it for myself later. Also, if by any chance that I dont have polenta, is there anything that I can use (a substitute ingredient)?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Francesca, you could try it with cous cous or a semolina gnocchi. Regards Rumbaba

    ReplyDelete