Tuesday, January 5, 2010

More time to cook....yay


Gotta love time off work - more time to cook! Chinese last night, Middle Eastern tonight, who knows where tomorrow!!!!


In the beautiful book 'turquoise' by Greg & Lucy Malouf, Greg introduces imam bayildi by saying 'purists will have to forgive me for messing around with Turkey's most famous dish'. So I trust Greg will forgive me for messing with his recipe, for the eggplants in my fridge where not of the long Middle Eastern variety and I had no pekmez (grape molasses) in my larder but I did have pomegranate molasses - so that’s what I used! My dining companions enjoyed these eggplants none-the-less with lamb & sumac sausages from Istanbul butchers, creamy yoghurt and Lebanese bread to mop up the delicious juices. …..and I’ll add pekmez to my shopping list! Istanbul Halal Meat, 609 Sydney Road Brunswick.

1 comment:

  1. happy new year Judi! i know its already 14th jan but never too late~ love your blog! see ya

    ReplyDelete