Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Dumplings, dumplings, dumplings


I never can decide which ones to have, the vegetable or the pork, steamed or fried but I do know what sauce I want and its not soy. Its Chinese black vinegar for sure - the sourness a perfect contrast with the doughiness! Take care when you bite into one of these packets of bliss - besides being chokka's with filling they have the tendency to squirt steaming liquid at either you or your dinning companion!!! A trusted foodie friend tells me Camy Shanghai Dumpling House, 25 Tattersall’s Lane Melbourne (off Lt Bourke St) is the go! I have a few favourites in Box Hill for the eastsiders including Tempura & Dumpling House, Centro Box Hill 17 Market Street Box Hill.

1 comment:

  1. shanghai steamed dumplings has boiling hot stock in it, those who are unfamiliar would pop the whole dumpling in and burn their mouth. ouch, painful experience.

    ReplyDelete